APTEI: Mindfulness & Meditation in a Healthcare Practice
Expert Series Episode 3: Mindfulness & Meditation in a Healthcare Practice with Bahram Jam and Rachel Donen
About The Course
This online continuing education course by Bahram Jam, founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI) and Rachel Donen( yoga instructor and owner of ALIGN Physical Rehab) explores the concept of mindfulness and meditation in healthcare practice. Video lessons are provided clearly and concisely to ensure an effective and enjoyable learning experience.
In This Online Healthcare Course, You Will Learn :
- What is mindfulness? What is meditation?
- How do you incorporate mindfulness principles into your physiotherapy practice?
- How can we help our patients who have been playing whack-a-mole with their symptoms by trying every kind of intervention out there?
- What does chronic pain have to do with meditation?
- What is the research saying about patient-therapist communication?
- How do you build a strong therapeutic alliance with your patients?
Who Is This Course For?
This online course is for all rehabilitation professionals, including physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, chiropractors, athletic therapists, exercise therapists, kinesiologists among others.
What’s Included In This Online Healthcare Course?
- 52 minutes of video lessons.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certification of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and tax purposes.
How Can I Get This Course For Free?
This course is specially priced for Embodia Members. The benefit of becoming an Embodia Member includes free and discounted courses, free webinars, professional development coaching, and home exercise software. The Embodia Membership is only $15/month (or $13.50 on our annual plan). You can become an Embodia Member by visiting this page: https://embodiaapp.com/subscriptions If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount. The larger the group, the larger the discount.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
About The Instructors:
Rachel Donen, MSc, Yoga Instructor
Rachel is a graduate of a 3-Year Yoga Teacher Training and 5-Year Mindfulness Training with Buddhist Nun, Ani Jamyang Donma and Awareness Teacher, Christopher Aslan Certified Exercise Physiologist. Rachel’s great success in relieving persistent pain and injury is due to her 10+ years of studies and practice in chronic pain, mindfulness, and yoga specializing in body alignment.
PT, D.SC.PT, M.PHTY, B.SC.PT, FCAMT
Bahram is a physiotherapist and founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI). He's taught 1000+ continuing education courses to healthcare professionals across Canada & internationally.
He has instructed over one thousand post-graduate orthopaedic and pain science courses and has been a guest presenter at several physiotherapy and medical conferences across Canada and internationally.
His primary clinical approach is to identify relevant functional impairments and determine the best self-management strategy to maximize patient independence.
Course Material included in this course
Highlights from our Conversation Free
Mindfulness & Meditation in a Healthcare Practice
Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation
Mindfulness and Persistent Pain
Readiness to Change
Central Sensitization and Tissue Injury
Never Stop Learning: Next Steps