APTEI: PTs as Exercise Specialists
About The Course
If you ask 10 people to explain what a physiotherapist does, chances are you will get 10 different answers. What if we brand ourselves as "Exercise Specialists"!? For example, instead of telling patients to simply lose weight, tell them to skip the escalator, park far away, or open all doors without an automatic button. The above examples, as well as dozens of others, are discussed and explained by Bahram Jam, founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI), in this online physiotherapy course. As Physiotherapist (physical therapists), we must promote ourselves as "Exercise Specialists". This 40-minute presentation will review the latest studies and clinically applicable skills for evaluating the fitness and prescribing exercises in a busy clinical outpatient setting.
In This Online Physiotherapy Course, You Will Learn:
You will learn clinically applicable skills for evaluating the fitness and prescribing exercises to patients.
Who Is This Course For?
Physiotherapists who are licensed or who are eligible to be licensed to practice.
What’s Included In This Online Physiotherapy Course?
- 1.5 hours of video lessons
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the written resources can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- Quizzes throughout to help you integrate the knowledge.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Can I Share a Course with a Friend or Colleague? How does the Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group. The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, in addition to the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
PT, D.SC.PT, M.PHTY, B.SC.PT, FCAMT
Bahram is a physiotherapist and founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI). He's taught 1000+ continuing education courses to healthcare professionals across Canada & internationally.
He has instructed over one thousand post-graduate orthopaedic and pain science courses and has been a guest presenter at several physiotherapy and medical conferences across Canada and internationally.
His primary clinical approach is to identify relevant functional impairments and determine the best self-management strategy to maximize patient independence.
Patient Exercises included in this course
Shoulder External Rotation: Band around Shoulder
Shoulder External Rotation: Elbows by Side
Shoulder External Rotation: Elevation with Band
Single Arm Clock Reaches with Band
Double Arm Clock Reaches
Shoulder Diagonal Downward Pulls with Band with Clock Lunges
Shoulder Diagonal Upward Pull with Band with Clock Lunges
Shoulder External Rotation: 90 and 90
Single Arm Clock Reaches