Introduction to Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Do your patients suffer from co-morbidities and make lifestyle choices that are complicating or hindering progress in physical therapy?
Are you feeling burned out or compassion fatigue from not getting the results you want?
Would you like to learn exactly how lifestyle choices impact your physical therapy outcomes and how you can influence behavior change?
This one-hour online course with Ginger Garner will provide an introduction to Integrative Lifestyle Medicine, an approach that can transform the way that you practice.
This Course Will:
- Increase your effectiveness as a therapist and improve patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Introduce the foundations of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
- Help you streamline clinical decision-making by finding root causes of pain and disease instead of just treating a diagnosis
- Improve patient outcomes and satisfaction in less time and with less burden on you and the patient
- Tackle persistent pain and complex comorbidities that are hindering your physiotherapy outcomes
In This Course You Will Learn:
- The vital signs of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
- The distinctive roles of Lifestyle, Integrative, & Functional Medicine in physiotherapy practice
- The evidence-base that supports use of best practice methods of Lifestyle Medicine & Integrative Medicine
- What lifestyle factors impact physical therapy outcomes, chronic disease and manage or halt chronic pain conditions
- The expanded scope of service for physiotherapists using Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
What Integrative Lifestyle Medicine (ILM) Can Do for Your Practice
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine will expand your scope and reach into your community, improve patient outcomes, and grow your referral network. Whether you are a generalist or specialist physiotherapist you will benefit from learning how Lifestyle Medicine directly impacts musculoskeletal and neuromuscular outcomes across the lifespan.
Join Dr. Ginger Garner, a physical therapist and founder of the Living Well Institute (formerly Professional Yoga Therapy Institute®), for this one-hour complimentary webinar to learn how you can use Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine to transform your clinical practice
This course was recorded on March 31, 2020
The Integrative Lifestyle Medicine (ILM) Certification:
Have you already attended the live webinar/course and are interested in taking the ILM certification?
Below is a little more information about the full ILM certification as well as links to take you there.
The ILM certification is divided into 5 modules (courses) (24 hours online), you can take them all, or just take the ones that appeal to and interest you.
- Module 1: Integrative Lifestyle Medicine: Impacting Chronic Disease & Pain
- Module 2: Creating “3D” Health from the Oral Cavity to the Pelvic Floor through Trauma-Informed Psychology
- Module 3: The Gut-Brain-Body Axis - Achieving Better Neuromuscular Outcomes through Nutrition
- Module 4: Sound & Sleep in Rehabilitation & Health Promotion - Fostering Whole Health
- Elective 1 of ILM Certificate: Physical Activity Prescription
- Elective 2 of ILM Certificate: Environmental Influences on Rehabilitation Outcomes: Tobacco Cessation & Other Toxic Exposure
PT, DPT, ATC, LAT
Dr. Ginger Garner PT, DPT, ATC/L is a clinician, author, educator, and longtime advocate for improving access to physical therapy services, especially pelvic health.
She is the founder and CEO of Living Well Institute, which has been training and certifying healthcare providers in Integrative Medical Therapeutic Yoga & Lifestyle Medicine since 2000. She also owns Garner Pelvic Health in Greensboro NC, which offers digital and in-person care.
Ginger is the author of multiple books and book chapters, published in several languages. She has presented at over 20 conferences worldwide and has reached an audience across 6 continents, teaching on a range of topics impacting the pelvic girdle, respiratory diaphragm, and the voice (which she calls the 3D or Three Diaphragm approach).
Ginger is an active member of APTA, serving as the Legislative Chair for APTA North Carolina, a Congressional Key Contact for APTA Private Practice, and in the Academy of Pelvic Health on the Prenatal and 4th Trimester Task Force. Ginger lives in Greensboro, NC and is a mom of four – three sons and the family rescue Lab, Scout Finch. Visit Ginger at the links above, on Instagram and YouTube.
Course Material included in this course
Complimentary Webinar on Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Why We Need Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Scope of Responsibilities
Nutrition, Environmental Influences, and Movement
Sleep, Stress, and Meditation
The Integrative Lifestyle Medicine Program
Patient Exercises included in this course
The Yoga Couch
Abnormal Breath Patterns