An Introduction to Animal Rehab
Animal rehab allows you to use your knowledge of human physiotherapy in a completely new way, and you will be amazed at how similar our physiology is to our animal companions. This online course includes an introduction to dogs, anatomy, orthopaedic and neurologic conditions of the dog, gait patterns in the dog, occupation health considerations, common canine medications and nutraceuticals, legal, political and practice issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead 5 dogs who are not one’s own (not all at the same time!)
- Identify the presence of a hind limb lameness or gait abnormality
- Body condition score 5 different animals based on the Purina body scoring system
- Demonstrate an ability to lie a dog on its side (5 different animals)
- Evaluate dental health, nail length and overall grooming in 5 different animals
This course is for all physiotherapists.
Please check out my website
RPT, Co-Founder & CEO of Embodia
Maggie Bergeron is a registered physiotherapist who received her Master of Science in Physical Therapy from McMaster University in 2009 after completing her undergraduate studies at the University of Ottawa.
Maggie co-founded Embodia in 2014 to modernize the patient experience and to provide a simple, easy way to take continuing education courses to all physiotherapists and rehabilitation practitioners, regardless of their location, budget, or area of practice.
Maggie is the community director of TechTO Health - a health technology event that brings together thousands of health tech enthusiasts. She also maintains her own physiotherapy practice in the east end of Toronto where she works with people with persistent pain. Maggie currently serves as a mentor, placement host and holds a Status-Only Appointment (lecturer ranking) with the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto.
Course Material included in this course
Welcome and Resources
Animal Rehab 101